- Create database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, Triggers etc.
- Maintain referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity by using the available options such as constraints etc.
- Identify columns for Primary Keys in all the tables at the design time and create them.
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases.
- Create functions to provide custom functionality as per the requirements.
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases.
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases.
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary.
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications.
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues.
- Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements.
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it.